Accessing the Quit Coaches is a good option for someone needing some guidance on getting started with quitting or reducing smoking and/or vaping. The Quit Coaches can customize support based on your personal situation and preferences. Quit Coaches know all the best quitting strategies and can help you decide which one will work best for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should call our phone service?
Here are just some of the reasons you might want to call a Quit Coach:
- You are trying to quit within the next month
- You have already quit but could use some extra support
- You’re thinking about quitting and are working on feeling ready
- You’re trying to reduce your tobacco intake
- You are feeling strong cravings and worried you are on the verge of relapse
- You would like to help a friend or family member quit smoking
- You are a health care provider who wants to help your patients/clients
How does the phone service work?
When you make your initial call, the Quit Coach Assistant will help you schedule a callback with a Quit Coach. The Quit Coach will call you back at the scheduled time, talk to you about your goals, and work with you to help you feel ready to quit. The series of calls will take place before, during, and after your quit date, but you can stop scheduling calls when you would like to.
When is the phone service available?
Quit Coach Assistants are available during their off hours. They can help if you have a quick question or would like some extra support.
Is the phone service available in multiple languages?
Health care providers: If you are referring a patient to QuitNow who would like translation services, please indicate this on the fax referral form so that our Coaches are ready with the services during the initial call.