Frequently Asked Questions
How does the Text Tips service work?
Text Tips is a free 3-month mobile texting support service designed for people who are trying to quit tobacco and vaping.
When you subscribe to Text Tips, you will begin receiving messages tailored to your quit date.
If you’ve set a quit date, you’ll receive supportive text messages before, during, and after your quit date. If you are thinking about quitting but aren’t ready to set a date, you will receive daily motivational messages for up to 3 weeks.
Text STOP to stop receiving messages at any time.
How many text messages will I receive?
Before you set a quit date
- You will receive 1 text per day for 3 weeks.
- If you set your quit date during the 3 weeks, you will continue to receive text messages.
- After 3 weeks, if you have not set a quit date, Text Tips will end.
When you set a quit date
- Before your quit date
- 1 message per day for 30 days prior to your quit date
- Increases to 2 messages per day when your quit date is 8 days away.
- On your quit day
- 3 messages on the day
- After your quit date
- 3 messages per day for 1 week
- 2 messages per day for the next 3 weeks
- 4 weeks after your quit date
- 2 messages per week for 2 months
If you have a relapse
- You will receive 1 message per day for 5 days.
- If you reset your quit date during this time, you will receive messages related to your quit date
- If you don’t reset your date, you will receive texts related to thinking about quitting