No purchase necessary. To enter the Contest, you must register yourself online at www.quitnow.com/contest/tobaccotimeout by completing the registration form. The online registration form requires that you provide your name, postal code, e-mail address, and pledge to be tobacco-free for the entire contest period (24 hours beginning June 1).
The submission of the on-line entry form constitutes an "Entry". Only one entry per person is permitted and each entry is only eligible for a chance to win one of the monthly prizes. Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the holder of the email account. Multiple entries by the same person or from the same email address or from the same person from a different email address shall result in disqualification. All entries must be submitted no later than midnight before the contest start date. All entries become the property of the BC Lung Association. No entries will be accepted by any other means, including but not limited to regular postal mail. Incomplete or late entries will be disqualified.
Entrants must be (i) current smokers or recent ex-smokers (who have quit smoking within the 3 months prior to the contest); (ii) 19 years of age on the contest date, (iii) a resident of BC, (iv) self-identify as First Nations, or Aboriginal and (v) if applicable, have only used tobacco during the contest period for ceremonial use only.
- Contest is open to residents of British Columbia. Only British Columbians residents are eligible for prizes and entrants must provide their postal code on their Entry as proof of residency;
- To be eligible to win a prize in the Contest, the entrant must be 19 years of age or older on June 1 and have remained tobacco-free for 24 hours starting on June 1 at 00:00am
- Limit one entry per person and email address;
- Entries will be rejected if registration form is not fully completed and submitted by the date and time listed above. Incomplete online entries will be void;
- Contest is void outside British Columbia; and
- Employees of the BC Lung Association, Context Research Ltd., Small Box Software, Burnkit Creative, the Minister, and Executive of the Ministry of Health, or staff of that Ministry employed in Tobacco Control and their siblings, parents and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the BC Lung Association and its respective advertising and promotional agencies are not eligible for prizes (“Excluded Entrants”)
- The contest prize is $250 cash
- If a selected entrant cannot be reached within 24 hours or if the selected entrant declines the Prize, or does not otherwise comply with these Contest rules, the Prize will be forfeited and another random draw will be conducted in the same manner to select a replacement entrant;
- The selected entrant(s) for the Prize(s) will be required to correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone at a mutually convenient time, before being named the winner;
- Odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received; and
- Delivery date of the Prize will be within 30 days from the time the BC Lung Association conducts and announces the Contest winners
- If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant
- The individual assigned to the email address for the domain associated with the submitted email address is considered the authorized account holder
- A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry
- All online entries must be submitted from a valid email account that may be identified by reverse domain name search
- The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid online entry in this Contest will be that recorded on the host server used by the BC Lung Association for the purposes of the Contest
Potential winners of any prize will have their name publicized on the QuitNow website and the First Nations Health Authority website, but winners will have the option of requesting that only their first name and last name initial be publicized for privacy reasons.
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and no substitutions will be made.
The BC Lung Association’s rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to this Contest and the awarding of the prizes.
The BC Lung Association reserves the right to cancel, amend, modify or terminate this Contest or the rules at any time in its sole discretion and without notice. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the BC Lung Association reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. The BC Lung Association is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest.
By entering this Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the BC Lung Association and its respective employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors, assigns and advertising and promotional agencies from any liability for any loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person in connection with this Contest or participation in any Contest-related activities, including but not limited to related travel or, if declared a winner, the use or misuse of a prize or any portion of a prize including personal injury, death or property damage. This Contest will run in accordance with these Contest rules, subject to amendment by the BC Lung Association. Entrants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules if they participate in the Contest. Also, entrants give their express permission to be contacted by the BC Lung Association and its authorized agents by telephone or email and agree to be bound by these rules.
The BC Lung Association operates under the legal authority of the Society Act (RSBC 1996, C. 433) and is subject to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (RSBC 19963, C.165). The personal information collected on this form will not be sold to anyone and used only for the purposes of contacting potential contest winners, provide support and to promote QuitNow contests. In addition, your information may be used for ongoing research and program evaluation.
For more information regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, view the QuitNow Privacy Statement, or contact:
British Columbia Lung Association
PO Box 34009 Station D
Vancouver, British Columbia V6J 4M2