1. Sponsor. The QuitNow Contest (Contest) is sponsored by the BC Lung Foundation, located at 2675 Oak Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6H 2K2 (Sponsor).
2. Eligibility. This Contest is open to legal residents of Canada who reside in British Columbia (BC), who are 19 years of age or older at the time of entry, with the exception of employees of the Sponsor, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, franchisees, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials, and those living in the same household.
At the time of entry, entrants must be users of cigarettes, cigars, cigarillos, pipes, chewing tobacco, snuff, water pipes, snus, electronic cigarettes (vapes), and /or heated tobacco products (Commercial Tobacco/Vaping Products).
The use of Nicotine Replacement Therapy products (NRT) and traditional or ceremonial tobacco are permitted during Contest.
Selected Entrants will be deemed winners if they: (i) refrain from using Commercial Tobacco/Vaping Products from Contest Start Date to Contest End Date, and (ii) are not a winner of any similar contests conducted by the BC Lung Foundation within 18 months prior to Contest Start Date.
By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
3. Contest Dates and Times. The Contest begins on March 11th, 2024 at 12:00am PST and ends on February 17th, 2024 at 11:59pm PST.
4. How to Enter. You can enter by completing the online form https://quitnow.ca/quitweek. For this Contest, receipt of an Internet entry occurs when Sponsor’s server records the entry information. All entries must be complete and are subject to verification by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Participants can enter the contest up until the second-last day (the Friday) of Quit Week BC.
Those who complete the online registration form will get one entry into the Contest. Quitting for multiple days during the contest period will increase one's entries into the Contest, so long as they complete the contest submission form delivered via email on the last day of the Contest.
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed or otherwise illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other method not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, entering the contest on behalf of another individual all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Contest Rules are void. Entrants grant the Sponsor a non-exclusive licence to use all entries for any purpose. Proof of transmission (e.g., screenshots or captures) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
5. Contest Prizes. There are a total of 3 prizes available to be won as follows: 3 gift cards with a retail value of $150 each. Prizes will be distributed via email (e-gift cards).
All winners assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this Contest or the use or redemption of a prize. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and have no cash value. Prizes or any portion of a prize cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions, or special offers. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize is unavailable at the time of award.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depends on the number of eligible entries received before the Contest Start Date.
7. Skill-testing Question. Selected Entrants will be required, as a condition of winning a prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, the Sponsor’s time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question (Skill-Testing Question) to be administrated by telephone.
8. Winner Selection and Confirmation. On February 20th at 12pm PST at 2675 Oak Street, Vancouver BC, V6H2K2. the Sponsor, or an employee, agent, or other representative of the Sponsor, will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries received before Contest End Date and select the potential winners (Selected Entrants). Selected Entrants will be deemed winners if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules. If a Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible entries.
Before being declared a winner, Selected Entrants will be required to: (i) correctly answer the Skill-Testing Question; (ii) sign and return the Declaration of Eligibility and Liability / Publicity Release form (Winner Release Form); (iii) complete a verbal verification questionnaire about Selected Entrants’ quit attempt experiences by telephone, and (iv) comply with all other Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Selected Entrants will be notified within one business day (Monday to Thursday) of the contest draw and will be contacted by the email address provided at the time of entry into Contest. Up to three attempts will be made to contact Selected Entrants within 3 business days following the draw. A Selected Entrant that does not or cannot accept a prize may be forfeited and a new Selected Entrant selected by random draw, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. A signed copy of the Sponsor’s Winner Release must be received by the Sponsor no later than 48 hours following receipt. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a Selected Entrant’s response.
Contest Prizes will be sent by email to the winners’ e-mail address provided at the time of entry into Contest within 7 business days from the date of winner confirmation.
9. Disputes Regarding Identity of Entrant. If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the individual assigned to the email address entered at the time of entry (Authorized Account Holder). Each Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder associated with a selected entry.
10. Release and Indemnification. All winners must sign the Sponsor’s Winner Release to: (i) confirm compliance with all Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept prizes as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (Released Parties) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of entries by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third-party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of prizes as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by entrants with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize, and the use of entries by the Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information that may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries that fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Winner Releases; (iv) injury or damage to entrants’ computers or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any related travel and the use of entries by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third-party computer hackers or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
11. Other Conditions. The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice to entrants. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the Contest End Date.
the Contest or any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, without further notice or compensation.
13. Law. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal, and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of British Columbia, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Vancouver, British Columbia.
14. Rule Amendments. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel, or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest.
15. Intellectual Property. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans, and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of the Sponsor’s intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.