Interested in cutting down on vaping? Or ready to quit entirely?
Explore our resources to help make the right decisions for you. You can achieve your goals and take control of your life.
The power is in your hands.
How much do you really know about vaping?
Get the facts on vaping. Read the common myths and learn how vaping affects your health.
What’s In It for You?
Quitting or cutting down on how much you vape is a smart choice for your health, your wallet, and the planet. Click through to learn how your life will get better when you quit or cut down on vaping.
Vaping can take a toll on your health in the short- and long-term. After you quit or cut down:
- You’ll cough less and it will be easier to breathe
- You’ll get sick less as your risk of infections (like COVID-19) will decrease
- Your heart rate and blood pressure will return to normal, lowering your risk of heart attack and stroke
- You’ll have better circulation, making it easier to work out and play sports
- Your breath will be fresher, and you’ll get fewer cavities (fewer trips to the dentist!)
Nicotine can make your mental health worse. Once you’ve quit vaping and adjust to being nicotine-free, you may notice:
- Symptoms of anxiety and depression improve
- You’re better able to cope with stress
- Higher self-esteem and self-confidence
- You feel more in control of your life
- It’s easier to concentrate (nicotine makes you jittery)
Quitting vaping benefits you and the planet!
- Vapes create plastic waste (especially disposables like Elf Bar and Allo). As they break down, they create microplastics and emit greenhouse gasses, which are harmful to wildlife and to our water supply
- The lithium in vape batteries leaks toxins into the environment and can cause fires
Choosing to quit means a smaller environmental footprint!
When you quit vaping, you’ll finally be free of the tobacco industry’s influence (yup, most major vape brands are owned by the same companies that make deadly cigarettes).
The tobacco industry has long targeted people of colour, women, and queer communities with predatory marketing, creating worse health for these communities – making Big Tobacco a social justice issue. If you already make decisions based on brand transparency and values, why wouldn’t that extend to vaping?
People you love
Vaping is harmful to those around you, including your pets! We're still learning about the health risks of secondhand vapour, but it’s best for your loved ones not to breathe it in. By quitting, you're lessening how much your loved ones are exposed to harmful toxins and protecting their health as well as yours.
Depending on how much you vape, you can save anywhere from $250 to $5,000 a year by quitting! That is equal to two MacBooks, three pairs of AirPods Max, four PlayStations, or even a used car.
Use this tool to calculate how much you can save by quitting and dream up what you’ll spend it on! Having goals for how much you want to save will help you stay motivated.
Your Step-by-Step Guide to Ditching Your Vape
Ready to quit or cut down but don’t know where to start? This section is full of useful information to guide you through the process, no matter what your goal is.